Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week 4 Acting Styles - Goodfellas



The movie Goodfellas has many famous actors in it. There are different types of actors and I am going to talk about three different types of them. 



Robert Deniro would be considered a wild card actor. He has had many different roles, in many different types of films. We see him place high ranking mafia members in different Scorsese movies, and we see him play that terrifying father in law in the comedy Meet the Parents. His personality and acting background gives him the skills to be able to adapt to whatever film he is making. He can fit any role and he always plays them well. 


Ray Liotta is an impersonator. In this film, which is a heavy mafia film, Ray does not sell me at all that he belongs in the environment that he is in. I can say the same for the film Field of Dreams. Its not that I think he is a bad actor, I am just never sold on his performances. This might be a reason why he is doing Tequila commercials nowadays. 

Joe Pesci is a perfect personality actor. While not everyone will agree with this statement, I beg to differ. I think Pesci is extremely funny. Every film I see him in he is always the actor that I am laughing at the most. But in my opinion, his acting is very average. I do not believe that his acting skills are all that great, and that he relies on his humor to make his characters likable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment